Monument of Liberty in Rousse was designed in the early XX century Italian sculptor Arnoldo Zocchi and was made by George Kiselinchev. Over time it has acquired significance as a symbol of the city and is part of the crest.
The composition is pyramidal. The statue on top is a figure of a woman holding a sword in his left hand, pointing in the right direction where they came liberators. One of the two bronze lions at the base rips mouth slave chains and the other keeps the Sword and the Shield of Liberty. On the pedestal is embossed images of scenes volunteer. The text of the main inscription reads: “To fighters and volunteers who took part for the Liberation of Bulgaria in 1876 – 1877 entitled” At the rear of the base are placed two guns..